Thursday 23 September 2010

Sepia Saturday 42

There is something about a school photograph. Something timeless and placeless about the faces, the expressions, the look of carefree mischief or stern self control. Change the clothes and change the hairstyles of this photograph featured by Jo in her wonderful Sepia Saturday post last week and it could be 100 years ago, 50 years ago, or now. It could be old Scotland or Nova Scotia. Down the ages and from every part of the world those same young faces have stared into the camera, captured for ever in their youth. 

Sepia Saturday 42 will take place on or around Saturday 25th September. You can post any type of photo you want as long as it moves us backwards and allows us to remember things that should never be forgotten. Simply link your post by signing the Linking List below.

12 comments:

dakotaboo said...

Woohoo, looks like I'm first this week ;-)

This week's installment from me is a couple of vintage postcards, and a bit of history, of the light comedy star, Mr Fred Barnes.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

I like that school photo above. I wish I had one but somehow they have been lost. This week I have entered again after a few weeks away. Its lovely to be back. Thank you for hosting.

DougVernX said...

Ok I posted early again. If I don't do it when I think about it I'm sure to forget. I have a few old school photos too. I'll dig them up and post them in the future. (If I remember:)

Marilyn & Jeff said...

My post this week is about family reports that can be found in newspapers. I have family staying this weekend but am looking forward to visiting everyone's blogs to see all the other Sepia Saturday entries when i can.

Unknown said...

I felt I could have been sitting in that class photo.. 1950's NZ. I do enjoy your Sepia Saturdays, Alan. Thank you.

Christine H. said...

This is always so much fun. I'm in again.
Christine

Nancy said...

Alan, thanks so much for hosting Sepia Saturday. I was thinking this morning about how much time you must spend looking at everyone else's posts and choosing which to highlight each week. I hope it doesn't feel daunting and you don't want to give it up because there are lots of us who love participating and/or looking. Thank you.

Bruno Laliberté said...

I'M IN!!!
and with a regular picture this time...
;)~
HUGZ

tony said...

I,m In!

Jinksy said...

I've reverted to my childhood again!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

I am late again...have been so busy...but could not let it go and here I am. It is a "Hunt".
School photos are very popular and fun to see.

Your Genetic Genealogist said...

Me too (always late), but I made it just under the wire! My post is a photo c.1917 of my grandmother's sister who passed away too young.